Sell it Like a Pro: Unlock a New Revenue Stream with Akuvox Smart Intercoms
If you’re a security integrator, you’re always on the lookout for new products and services to add to your lineup. Maybe you’re already installing security cameras and access control. But have you considered integrating single- and multi-tenant communication with what you’re already doing? If not, you could be missing out on a huge opportunity for your business. Let me tell you why you should look into selling and installing Akuvox smart intercoms.
First, you should know that Akuvox products are only for our dealers. So if you’re a reseller or installer of security equipment, click the button below to sign up for our dealer program. It’s fast, free, and it’ll change your life.
Open a Smart World With Akuvox Intercoms & Monitors
Akuvox is a manufacturer of smart intercoms and monitors that make communication and security effortless for your clients. Whether you need a large intercom for an apartment complex or office suite, or whether you need just a single button for a small business or residence, Akuvox has something for you.
These smart intercoms can integrate with your current access control system or act as a standalone system, allowing your clients to integrate their communication and security needs into a single device.
We’ll talk more about these products momentarily, but first, let’s talk about why you should even consider installing smart intercoms in the first place.
Why Every Security Integrator Should Offer Communication Solutions
The biggest reason you should install Akuvox intercoms is to grow your business, plain and simple. To show you how this works, let’s talk about your ideal client. What problem of theirs does your business solve?
As an integrator, you stand out because you solve multiple problems at once. That’s what makes your business what it is. Your clients often have several security and IT problems that might take several contractors and lots of money to solve. You solve this problem by fulfilling all of their needs in one go, taking all the stress off their plate, and saving them time and money. The more needs that you’re able to effectively manage, the happier your clients will be.
But determining your clients' problems isn’t always straightforward. In fact, there are a few levels of awareness here.
Three Levels of Customer Awareness
First, there’s the problem that they’re aware of and actively looking to solve. For many of your customers, this is likely to be access control and video surveillance, which is what brought you to their attention to begin with.
To your client, this is a transactional, one-and-done arrangement. But you’re the professional. You know that your client has more than one problem that you can solve.
This brings us to the problem that your client knows about but hasn’t actively looked to solve: internal communication. Your clients know they need to integrate communication systems in a way that makes their tenants' lives easier. But they probably don’t know that a solution to this problem even exists. That’s where you come in, to educate them of all the glorious benefits of Akuvox.
Finally, there are the problems that they don’t even know about yet.
- Visitor Monitoring: Allowing visitors into gated communities or restricted lobbies without monitoring them is a gap in security. Akuvox intercoms give your clients many ways to grant access through permanent or temporary credentials. Plus, every entrance can be recorded to an NVR by the built-in cameras. Your clients can tighten their security measures and make their tenants feel safer.
- Remote Management: Is your client’s current intercom solution manageable from a user-friendly app on their mobile device? Not only can your clients manage their properties on the fly, but this makes answering calls and letting in visitors that much more convenient for their tenants.
- Scalability: Has your client considered future growth when selecting an intercom system? If their facilities and security needs continue to grow over time, they might find themselves in need of additional intercoms. With other products, this scalability might not be possible without overhauling the whole system. But with Akuvox’s IP solutions, scalability is a breeze.
- Communication: Some clients might not even know that they need an intercom. Sure, it’s obvious for your multi-tenant clients. But what about buildings with a single company? What about residential clients? Yes, Akvox intercoms can benefit them as well. They just don’t know lack of communication methods is a problem yet.
By installing Akuvox smart intercoms, you can tackle all three levels of awareness. You’re able to offer your clients a comprehensive solution that not only solves the problems they’re aware of but also provides new solutions they didn’t know they needed. This not only makes your clients happier but also differentiates you from your competition and opens up new revenue streams for your business.
What Products Does Akuvox Offer?
Now let’s take a look at the products themselves. We have other blog posts that go into more detail on the specific features and benefits of individual Akuvox products, so here we’re just going to paint a general picture of the solutions available.
There are two types of Akuvox products: intercoms and monitors.
Akuvox Smart Intercoms
This is the heart and soul of Akuvox. These are IP-based PoE-powered intercoms that offer access control and video surveillance all rolled into one. You’ve got your single-tenant intercoms, which boast a physical button used to initiate a call. You’ve also got your multi-tenant intercoms, which feature a variety of ways to facilitate communication. You can set up a tenant list that a user can scroll through to place a call to a specific person, apartment, or office. Or you can set up speed dial numbers so that the user can place a call to the front desk or to security.
Introducing the Akuvox R20A Intercom
Introducing the Akuvox X912 Intercom
When it comes to access control, the intercoms are flexible. As we’ve already mentioned, you can wire these into your current access control systems, or you can use these as standalone systems. When it comes to credentials, that all depends on the model. There are prox cards, PIN codes, QR codes, Bluetooth connectivity, facial recognition. Depending on your client’s situation, you can pick a solution that works best and customize it to their needs.
Akuvox Smart Monitors
In addition to the intercom, Akuvox also makes excellent video monitors that can integrate with the intercom system to place and answer calls. With a monitor, you can place a call to any intercom or monitor on the system. Just like the intercoms, you can also place calls to individual users or phone numbers.
The monitors all run on either Linux or Android, so no matter which product you choose, you’ll know that it’s high-quality and user-friendly.
Akuvox is Better With Nelly’s Security
The security industry is becoming more competitive every day. To keep up with an evolving market, it’s important to offer your clients a wide range of products and services that can meet their diverse needs. It also pays to be proactive with your customers, recognizing problems and solutions even before they do. With Akuvox smart intercoms and monitors, you’ll be able to meet your clients' needs, make your clients happier, and continue to move your business forward.
Speaking of moving your business forward, that’s our goal at Nelly’s Security! We’re here to make sure you have the tools and resources that you need to grow your security business. To make sure our customers get the best security equipment for their needs, certain products on our site are restricted to dealers. If you’re not a security professional and are interested in installing Akuvox on your property, give us a call or send us an email. We’d love to connect you with one of our dealers near you.
If you are a security professional looking to up your game and offer Akuvox to your customers, then it’s time to sign up for our free dealer program. As a Nelly’s dealer, you’ll get access to a ton of resources, including:
- Industry-leading priority support from our US-based team of experts
- Dealer-only content and webinars to stay educated in a shifting industry
- Access to our exclusive dealer Facebook group to connect with like-minded professionals
- Free branding on select video surveillance equipment, so that you can grow your brand awareness and prevent price shopping
- Special dealer pricing on all products across our site
We’re not just a distributor. We’re your business partner. So fill out the form below to become a Nelly’s dealer today.